Department of Science & Technology (DST), Govt. of India and Russian Foundation for Basic Research (RFBR) concluded a MoU on 7 August 2007 for funding of joint research proposals and bilateral experts meet (Programme Development Activity) in India and Russia in the areas of Basic Science. Under this MoU each project will receive annual funding of up to Rs 800,000/-from DST to the Indian partner and up to (equivalent of US$ 20,000) Rbls. 500,000/- from RFBR to the Russian partner. This arrangement is additional to the existing ILTP arrangement (where support on Russian side is restricted to RAS institutes).
2. Under this programme, first call for proposals was made during September-December 2007 and the second call was made during September-December 2008. List of joint R&D projects approved for support till date is available here.
3. DST and RFBR invite Indian and Russian scientists / researchers to submit proposals for joint research projects and Bilateral Experts Meet (Programme Development Activity) in the following areas of basic sciences under DST-RFBR cooperation:
- Mathematics, Mechanics and Informatics;
- Physics and Astronomy;
- Biology and Medical Sciences;
- Earth Sciences;
- Telecommunications and Computer Sciences;
- Fundamental of Engineering Sciences.
Proposals submitted in other research areas will not be considered. Last date for submission under the present third Call for Proposals is 30 November 2010.Read more: 01/10/2010 - Indo-Russian Joint Research Call for Proposals 2010